Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Oh, God, We've become crafty


Not the kind of crafty where you sit around and knit with your gal-pals, talking about how much the new Decemberists album rocks*, but the kind of crafty where you can easily lose a finger. I like to think of it as a more manly kind of crafty. I know, whatever gets me through the night.
This isn't actually our press. It's nearly identical to our press, and it was about 20 feet away from our press on the warehouse floor in Chicopee, Mass. where we bought it. But this picture came out better.
It's a Chandler and Price, c. 1891 (nerd snort). It was fitted with a motor sometime in the first half of the 20th century, but we disconnected it. It's hard enough to make a decent impression when the gears are turning slowly, by hand. Add a 60 year old motor into the equation and we'd be selling greeting cards caked with our own blood. Although, that just gave me an idea for a new Precious Moments line.
*I did not enjoy this album.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I hope I'm the first one you call when you lose a finger. Please document it with a photo.