Sunday, September 23, 2007

Colors of Fall Festival

Thanks to those of you who came out to say hello at the Colors of Fall Festival yesterday at Crandall Park in Glens Falls.

It was kind of quiet, sales-wise...but we think that's just a marketing issue. Next time our booth is going to have more signs, pictures of the press, and a full pyrotechnics and laser show.

We had a good time. And I even managed to be part of the entertainment -- and no, that doesn't mean I accidentally fell head-first into a trash can in front of a large crowd. I did a set of music along with a drummer I know, Danielle Furfaro. It was a sedate, craft-fair audience, but I think we managed to play some honest-to-God rock-and-or-roll. Danielle asked if I wanted her to wear a costume -- like a zombie, or a goat, or something like that. "I'm really into extreme costumes and makeup when I perform," she said. I told her I wouldn't mind, but she must have seen my brow furrow. Not that I'm opposed to drummers dressing as goats. But because I run a business I have to worry about scaring customers away.

Anyway, she settled on a T-shirt and jeans, which was too bad. I was secretly hoping for a zombie.

No comments: